CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 06, 2009

Independence Day Weekend

My mom and Chris came for a visit this past weekend. Friday, we went to the aquarium. This was my third time going...the second time within a week. I don't plan on going again anytime soon! We ran into a little holiday beach traffic on the way in, but we're so lucky we got there early in the day. On our way out, there was a whole lot of traffic coming in. I hope they booked hotels, because there was no public parking left! We ate at Dairy Queen on the way home. For dinner, Chris, Adam, Arden, and I went to 37th Street Pizza. Mom was still full from Dairy Queen. I ordered a mushroom/pepperoni pizza, and it was so good! Sorry Pizza Hut, sorry Papa John's...you've been beat!

We really didn't make any plans for Friday. I was hoping to go to a parade, but there wasn't one in New Bern. That afternoon we took a quick trip downtown to the Cow Cafe and had ice cream. Chris wanted to stop by the Pepsi store, but it closed just as we got there. Bummer! I dropped him off by the waterfront for some pics, and then we headed home. I put the kiddie pool out earlier that morning, so the water was perfect that evening. Arden enjoyed time in the pool. I ended up nursing her in the pool, because I didn't want to deal with changing her clothes and mine. She ended up falling asleep. So sweet! Chris and I set out to find some dinner. Mom wanted Andy's, but they were closed. We ended up at Wendy's. It would've been nice to see the fireworks, but that just wasn't possible. Arden fell asleep at 9 p.m., and Adam had to be at work at 10 p.m. We stood outside and managed to hear some distant booms. I really should've bought some fireworks. Maybe we'll get to see some next year.

My mom and Chris left after sacrament meeting on Sunday. I hope they enjoyed their trip. I know I did!

Quality time with Uncle Chris!

Turtles!




Crunch, the alligator snapping turtle, and cutie pie Arden getting buckled in after a fun visit to the aquarium. She fell asleep soon after the car started.


Arden woke up halfway through our meal at Dairy Queen. She then proceeded to laugh at me hysterically...wish I could've gotten that on video. Here, she's attempting to push "it" out at Dairy Queen. Hilarious!


Independence Day Cutie!



Spending quality time with Nana!



Eating ice cream at the Cow Cafe.




Throw me higher, dadoo!
At a church in downtown New Bern


You don't need those glasses, do you, dad?


Arden's getting over her first cold. Poor runny nose... If you look closely at her eyes, you can see our house and me reflected in them.

I decided to nurse her in the pool, and she fell asleep.


Sawing Toothpicks

No comments: