CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 27, 2009

Pioneer Day

On Saturday, our ward celebrated Pioneer Day. There were lots of fun activities for the kids: hammering, panning for gold, button sewing, potato sack races, and tug-of-war. They also did their own pioneer trail. There were stops along the trail where people told pioneer stories. I didn't actually see the pioneer trail. We went inside to cool off. Plus, we were so hungry. Dinner was supposed to be at 6:30 p.m., but we didn't eat until after 7 p.m. Don't even get me started on the food "line." I don't think I've ever seen so much chaos in all my life.
Arden had a good time, though. She had fun people-watching and playing with her friend Lucy. We were really itching to get out of the house. Oh, I/we need a social life!!!





No comments: