CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 04, 2009

The Crib

After returning from our trip to Greensboro, I decided it was time for Arden to sleep in her crib. I figured that since she was used to sleeping in a strange place while away, now was the best time to give the crib a try. Plus, Adam got me a baby monitor for my birthday, and Arden doesn't nurse during the night anymore. No more excuses!

The first night was great. She went to bed at 9:30 p.m. She woke up once at 11:45 p.m. and then slept until 6:30 a.m. Unfortunately, it got progressively worse from there. The third night I ended up nursing her at 1 a.m. to get her back to sleep. She still woke up at 6:30 a.m. The fourth night was the worst. She woke up four times between 11 p.m. and 3 a.m. I didn't nurse her, though. I cannot get into that habit. She needs to know it's time to sleep, not eat. She fell back asleep around 3:15 a.m. and slept until nearly 9 a.m....thank goodness! Last night was good for me. Adam was home, so he took care of any crying that occurred. I didn't hear a peep until 7 a.m.

Tonight, so far so good. It is getting to be that time when she generally has her first nightly wakeup, though. We'll see what happens!

I was wary at first, but I must say I am liking the new sleeping arrangement. I don't have to worry about disturbing her when I'm getting ready for bed. I don't have to worry about waking her when I move around in the bed. I also don't get woken up by her movements...only her cries. Sometimes I do wish I could reach over and feel her breathe, but I'm becoming more at ease as the nights pass. My baby's growing up!

No comments: