CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

31 Weeks!

This has been a great week for Arden! First of all, we revisited the Snugli (the infant carrier that straps to my chest.) I hadn't tried it out for a few months, because it hurt my back. Well, now that she's able to support her head, all is well! My back doesn't hurt, and she loves to face the front. She can see everything and loves being in the Snugli when I take her to the pond to feed the geese. Second of all, she's been eating solid foods really well. I found that mixing other things with her rice cereal is the key. She also seems to eat better when Adam feeds her. Third of all, she's been sleeping really well in her crib. I generally put her to bed between 8 and 9 p.m. and don't have to go into her bedroom at all until the next morning around 6 a.m. or so. If she wakes up during the night, she's been good about soothing herself back to sleep. Then, after her morning feeding, she usually goes back to sleep for a couple of hours. It's been fantastic! Now if I could just go to bed before 11 p.m., I'd be getting lots of sleep, too.

Arden loves her Dadoo!

Just hanging out after bathtime.

I love that big smile!

Baby legs. I got these leg warmers at Target. They go all the way up her thigh. I thought they'd be good for when she starts to crawl.



Feed me more, dad!

1 comment:

Moe said...

Wow, she's getting so big!

Glad to hear you are finally getting some sleep, too!

Love the Baby-legs...you're right, they are great for crawlers. I also used to put them under Donovan's pants when it was cold outside if I knew we were going out. I could tuck the bottom opening around the heel of her foot, if that makes sense, and then she wouldn't get a whoosh of cold air up her legs from her pants riding up when I carried her.

If you're even remotely handy with a needle and thread, they are super easy to make from any kind of women's socks, too. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than buying the real BabyLegs brand, and you can get so many cute patterns in women's socks. I used to just check out the clearance endcaps at Target and get them for a $1 or $2 a pair.