CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 21, 2009

Morning at the Circus

I've been itching to find some kid-related activities in New Bern. About a month ago I discovered a Tots storytime at the public library, so we checked it out Friday morning. Before it started, there was fun music playing, and it got Arden right in the mood. As more kids arrived, Arden got even more excited. I let her loose, and she immediately crawled up to some kids nearby. She's not shy at all! She enjoyed the storytime, too. The Circus was the theme of the morning. The lady (I forgot her name) read two stories, there was singing and a puppet show. Much more than I expected! The story lady also had a stuffed frog (I forgot his name) who sat in a rocking chair to listen to the stories. He was setting the example for the kids...cute! Arden got a pic with him at the end. Oh, and Arden learned how to clap that day. She noticed other kids clapping, so she did the same. She's so smart! I've been trying to teach her to clap, and she got the hang of it at the library. Needless to say, we'll keep going back to there as long as she's still interested. I wonder if there's anything else around New Bern I'm missing out on...

So happy to be somewhere other than home!


I let her loose just before the crowd started to gather.


The frog's rocking chair.

The frog.

Checking out the books.

Demonstrating her clapping skills!

No comments: