CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Appalachian Trail

We headed to Greensboro last Thursday morning so Adam could hike part of the Appalachian Trail. He met up with his brother Jason and his friend Matt. They stayed overnight in Boone Thursday night and hiked Friday through Sunday. Jason packed a bunch of mumbo jumbo in his pack, and it was too heavy for him. He hurt his knees pretty badly and actually had to bail on Saturday night. Adam's parents came and picked him up. Adam and Matt had a good time, though.



See how huge Jason's pack is?! I don't think I have to point him out...


While he was out hiking, I stayed with my dad. Arden wasn't too thrilled about being there at first. It took me awhile to get her to go to bed Thursday night. Everytime I was close, Jasmine would enter the picture. Arden won't go to sleep if she thinks she can play with Jasmine. I was eventually successful, and she slept great the other three nights. She even took some good morning naps. She also accomplished a couple of milestones. It seems my dad's house is the place for doing so. She started using her hands and knees to crawl...I think it's because he has more carpet than we do. She also started pointing at things. Too cute!

Like always, I was sad to leave. It's hard not living close to our families. Hopefully, we'll make it back there someday.

Anywho, below are some posts from those days. They're kind of in reverse order, though. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Nessa and Jeebs said...

oh how I wish I were in the mountains again sometimes!! love those pics