CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lowes and Mosquitos

Arden's 50th week was full of fun!

This is what she wore to church today. Pretty cute! I started my new calling at church. I no longer teach the CTR8 class, which is a big relief to me. I love the kids, but they aren't the easiest kids to teach. My new calling is nursery assistant! I know, big surprise, right? I think this will be my 3rd time in the nursery. It's cool, though, because Arden can hang out in there with me, and Adam can go to class. I thought she would love it, but with the screaming kids and the small space, it kind of overwhelmed her. I think she'll get used to it, though.

We went to Lowes on Monday to replace our mailbox's flag. Ours got lost in a rainstorm, and Adam made one out of cardboard, red construction paper, and box tape. It didn't quite do the trick...haha! I also found some kids' gardening tools on clearance. I got three tools for $.99! They'll be perfect for my gardening costume (Arden's going to be a daisy.) After Lowes, we went downtown and had lunch at the Pollock St. Deli. The food was good, but it was kind of old and gross in there. On the way to the car, I saw some really cool flowers, so I snapped a few pics.

Arden gets so excited whenever she sees a bottle. She loves feeding herself! She gets a bottle of formula once a day. I should probably start putting her formula in a sippy cup soon.

She now knows what "Gimme 5!" means. She's so smart!


She loves dancing with her zebra. Thanks, Caroline!

We went to the park down the street on Wednesday evening and had a Taco Bell picnic. It wasn't near the river, so I didn't think we'd get eaten alive by mosquitos...wrong! Yes, that's a mosquito on Arden's ear in the top left pic. Oh, and I wore shorts. Don't even get me started on the feast those bugs had!


She loves to swing!

Thursday morning, we headed over to the church for a playdate. I'm so glad we started a playdate group! It meets every 2nd and 4th Thursdays. I took my camera but didn't take any pics. I headed to Target afterwards and saw a car accident. These two vehicles (one an SUV, one a car) hit really hard in the intersection. Everyone seemed to be ok, but it really tugged at my heartstrings when I saw a lady from one of the wrecked cars carrying her young son. It must've been so scary for them. Anywho, the pics above are from Friday's Tots Time at the library. We were almost late. Luckily, it didn't start on time. I think I might start doing that every other week instead of every week. For some reason, it takes a lot out of me. It's really awesome, though. Arden found this wooden puzzle to play with. I might have to get her some for her birthday.

Here she is sucking on a mesh thing with ice cubes in it, playing with shape blocks, going on a Sunday evening walk, and trying on her Halloween costume. I found that costume on eBay and won it for $2.25 (plus $4.95 shipping) for a whopping total of $7.20! It's used but in perfect condition. I can't wait for Halloween!
Posted by Picasa

She's so talented...she can read upside down! I can't wait to see what she learns next week. :)

1 comment:

Brittany H. said...

Good luck in nursery! I agree that it is way too cramped in there, but most of the kids will be gone in a few months. I am totally wanting to go to storytelling! I think I will try it out this Friday--maybe we'll see you there.

OK, those butterfly clips are seriously the CUTEST things ever!!!