CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Nylon Headbands...Finally!

I didn't like how the headbands I have left red marks on Arden's head, so a few months ago I started doing some research. I found that nylon headbands were the way to go, specifically interchangeable nylon headbands. They have a little ribbon you can attach a clip/bow to. I went on eBay and looked for the best deal. A week before Easter, I purchased 24 headbands for $24. I know...a bit excessive. I asked the seller a bunch of questions before I bought them. As soon as I bought and paid for them, she sent me an email saying she was a little bit behind. In the item description, she said most orders shipped within 72 hours of purchase. So I'm thinking what does "a little behind" mean. A couple weeks went by and still no headbands. When I contacted her, she asked for my info again. She said she was having problems because her mother just died. I used to work at a funeral home, so I know the kinds of things she was going through. I took it easy on her and waited some more. Two more weeks passed...no headbands. I contacted her...more excuses. I really do feel for her. I don't think she's scamming me. She claims to have shipped them out to me three different times. This has been going on since before Easter, and I still don't have her headbands. Can someone really have this much bad luck with the USPS? According to her feedback, other people are having the same problems I am. I don't think she's on eBay anymore...I can't find her profile. The last time I heard from her was on Thursday. She said the tracking to my package said "In Transit." Whatever...maybe I'll get three more sets of headbands tomorrow.

Anywho, I went ahead and bought 16 nylon headbands from someone else on eBay. I got them within a week. They're great! I bought all sorts of bows at Walmart, and I even bought some butterflies to make clips with. Now Arden can wear a headband, with or without a bow, everyday without me feeling guilty about her sweet little head.

Check out the cuteness!



The bow is polka-dotted, but you can't tell because of the flash.

Love the big bow!

Cute dress provided by my cousin Caroline!

3 comments:

Gina said...

I think you were totally scammed!

Allison said...

Maybe so...I don't know why I'm still trying to give her the benefit of the doubt! She had good feedback up until a month or so ago...ah well...

Anonymous said...

you're absolutely right about the nylon headbands. i've been making newborn headbands since my daughter was born in 2007. if you have time and are looking to expand arden's accessory wardrobe, please check out www.pookilicious.com thanks!