CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Another Greensboro Getaway

We went to Greensboro June 17 - 21. Adam signed up to be a chaperone on the Pioneer Trek for youth conference, because he wanted to do something with Jonathan before he went off to college. It was so hot! Adam's character died on the second day. He was supposed to still help out, but he and Jonathan called it quits. There just wasn't any relief from the hot sun.

I stayed with my dad, and my mom took the whole week off so we could spend time together.

Thursday, I ate lunch with Kyndal from Hanes-Lineberry and then hung out with Gina and her kids. Arden loved spending time with them and playing with their toys. One toy in particular, the Busy Ball-tivity Center, caught her attention. The next day I took a trip to Walmart and found it. It was a $30 toy, but it was on sale for $15! So I snatched it up. She looks so cute playing with it.



After I got back to my dad's, I sat Arden at one of Jasmine's toys. She was so happy...at first. The poor baby had a little accident, which made her fussy the rest of the evening.
Luckily Jasmine was able to cheer her up! Oh, and everytime I laughed during our visit, Jasmine said "What?" She's so silly!

Friday, mom, Meredith, Arden, and I went to the Natural Science Center. Meredith volunteers there on Mondays, so she was able to get us in for free. Again, it was incredibly hot. I think I started sweating as soon as we stepped foot in the zoo. Arden wasn't as intrigued as I was hoping. She prefers aquariums. I got a few cute pics of the animals, though.


Silly Lemurs

Here she is...about to be eaten by random dinosaurs...hehe

Some pics of the fam


Arden likes to hit her chest and belly. She's like "Yo, yo, yo, Uncle Chris!"


Although Saturday claimed to be the hottest day of the week, it didn't feel that way. It was breezy and overcast. My dad set up the swimming pool I got for Jasmine last year, and we had fun splashing around. Arden liked her new turtle float. It'll be more fun in a bigger pool.

Some splishing and splashing

Catie arrived in town Saturday afternoon. We had dinner with my mom and took my dad to Coldstone Creamery for some Father's Day ice cream. It was just him, his kids, his son-in-law, and his grandchild. If I'd been thinking about it, I would've taken a picture.

I had a really great trip. It didn't feel at all rushed like other trips. Hopefully others will be just as great!

No comments: