CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Yay for New Bern Ward!

The Sunday before Thanksgiving was our first official time going to our new ward in New Bern. We really didn't really know what to expect. I heard New Bern was a great retirement city, so I was afraid there wouldn't be anyone at church our age. I was also expecting to "hide," which is what happens in a big ward. I was completely wrong on all accounts!

First of all, we got there late. Big surprise! :oP We entered the chapel after the sacrament was passed, so everyone saw us come in. It was very cozy inside, so not a huge ward. After sacrament meeting, several people came up to us and introduced themselves, including the relief society president and a cousin of Mark (my brother-in-law.) They were all excited we weren't just visitors. We even have a possible dinner invite from a young couple with two kids. I also learned that there's been a big baby boom in the ward recently, so there will be little ones who are Arden's age. We had to leave after sacrament meeting, because we had guests in town. We also missed this past Sunday because we were in Greensboro. I did go to Enrichment meeting this past Tuesday, though, and it was really fun. I met someone else around my age. I'm so glad I went, and I'm looking forward to going to church this Sunday! No offense to Colfax Ward, but we never truly felt at home there. No one really talked to us. I'm just thankful for a fresh start with no family attachments. It's good to be on our own!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: