CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 22, 2008

Gingerbread House Party 2008!

Every year, Adam and I love to make gingerbread houses with his family. His mom would make the gingerbread, cut it out, and then bake it. She also made the frosting. Since we weren't able to do it with them this year, we decided to make them ourselves and invite our family in New Bern over for some fun! We got the pre-made gingerbread that comes in rolls, and I found a gingerbread house blueprint online. Adam made the frosting using a recipe I found online...supposedly specifically for gingerbread houses. As soon as I baked the gingerbread, I could tell it was soft. I put the baked pieces in the freezer thinking that would harden them up. Well, it did...at first. Then the pieces thawed out, the frosting didn't harden, and the houses came tumbling down! Adam and I didn't even have a chance to put any candy on ours. Ah well...I guess homemade gingerbread is the way to go. We'll plan better next year!


Allen and his house...just moments before catastrophe struck!

Allen, Glenda, and Jessica...their house in pieces. At least they got to take home really big gingerbread cookies!

Great Uncle Gary with Arden

This is what became of our house...cute little gingerbread cookies!

At least it's a yummy mess!

No comments: