CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Rough Start

We kind of had a rough time during the first few weeks of living in New Bern. There were a few not-fun things we discovered.

Not fun discovery number 1: black widow spiders in the garage


Not fun discovery number 2: our new washing machine and the replacement washer didn't work
Not fun discovery number3: no cable line in our new neighborhood=no cable tv or internet

Catie was able to get us a deal on an exterminator for the first discovery. She certainly has connections! We've since found many dead black widows around the perimeter of the house...oy! As far as the washing machine goes, we got a free upgrade. Since we originally bought the top-of-the line top loader, we got front loaders at no extra cost. Now that was definitely worth the inconvenience! I love doing laundry now! Not fun discovery number 3 took longer to solve. After getting the run around by SuddenLink, we went with Embarq. Unfortunately we had to get a home phone line and now get calls everyday from Viking Magazine. Oh well...at least the internet works! We also got satellite tv via Dish Network. We'll see if it's worth it.

Aren't they beautiful?!

Below are a few pics from moving day. Enjoy!




Hey, we both have to eat!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Gina said...

So fun and what a cute house!

Moe said...

The house is great! I'm sure it is a bit overwhelming trying to get settled in with a new baby, but it will definitely be worth it.

It sounds as though you are having a similar moving-in experience to what Rodney and I had when we first got to Cincinnati in July. Our place was infested with spiders, too, and even after having the house sprayed, it has been an ongoing battle to keep them at bay. Oh, I so do not like spiders!

And yes, your new washer and dryer ARE beautiful. Our new set isn't nearly as nice as yours, but after lugging clothes to the laundromat for years, and then doing laundry in the dirty, skanky basement of our old house, I was beyond thrilled to finally have a little first-floor laundry room with a new washer and dryer. It almost made living with the spiders worth it. Almost.

CenturyLinkJoey said...

Allison,

I'm glad to see you signed up for Embarq service. I hate to hear that you're getting those annoying calls everyday. I can help you. Since you just moved in, have you considered having the number changed? If you send me an email at Embarq_Joey@embarq.com I'll gladly help out. You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Embarq_Joey just to see that I'm real. I actually live in Greenville, NC so I'm not too far away. Anyway, I hope you have a good day.

Joey H.
Embarq Reach Out Team Lead
reachout@embarq.com