CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Home for Thanksgiving

We went home to Greensboro for Thanksgiving. That seems weird. I've never been this far away from home before! I also never packed so much stuff for such a short visit. I didn't know what to bring for Arden, so I brought almost all of the sleepers and onesies she owned. I figured I wouldn't be doing laundry, so I wanted to be prepared. I definitely should've packed more burp cloths, though!

Anywho, we drove there on Thanksgiving Day and returned Sunday afternoon. For Thanksgiving, we had a combined dinner with Adam's family and my mom and siblings. It was much easier to do that than to split the day. We all had a good time and had lots of good food! We stayed the night with Adam's parents and pretty much froze our butts off. Not fun!

Friday we took some photos and visited with some friends. We also got Arden's hand mold done by Handful of Memories. I expected her to scream her head off when her hand was placed in the cold plaster, but she slept through the whole thing. Phew! Later that evening we saw Twilight the movie while Sabrina and Grandpa Lewis watched Arden. I wasn't incredibly impressed by the movie...the "special effects" were laughable. The book is definitely better. We ended up staying a second night with the Lewises. This time we got the guest room, and all three of us slept much better.

Saturday was the big shindig at my dad's house. It was great to see everyone again, I just wish the weather had been nicer for outdoor activities. Everyone enjoyed meeting Arden! We stayed the night with my dad. I wish I could've gotten to spend more time with him.

Sunday we went to church with the Lewises. A few more people got to meet Arden. We stayed the whole time, and Arden was quite cranky by the end of the three hours. We had a quick lunch and hit the road. Arden was awake for the first part of the trip...at least she was content! She fell asleep for most of the trip and woke up cranky towards the end. She did pretty good!

Check out some of the pics I got!

Look at my sweet 7 week old baby girl!


Proud Grandma!


The Lewis Family




The Daniels Family

One of the few photos of Jasmine.

Amy got Arden this cute dress, and Adam's mom made the booties. She wore this to church on Sunday.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Moe said...

What a lucky little girl Arden is to be surrounded by so much family who love her! We hate that we missed the Daniels Thanksgiving, but hopefully we'll make it to the reunion!