CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 19, 2008

She Seems Big to Me!

Arden had her two-month well baby checkup on Monday. I was both looking forward to it and not looking forward to it. I was excited to see her progress, but I knew she'd be getting shots. Here are her measurements: 8 pounds 15.25 ounces (10th percentile for her age), 22 inches long (50th percentile for her age), and her noggin is 14.5 inches (25th percentile for her age). The doctor is only slightly concerned about her weight. He said as long as she keeps gaining weight normally, then all is well. Now, to me, the fact that she's nearly 9 pounds is amazing! I mean, she was 5 pounds 10 ounces at birth. She seems big to me!

Then she got her shots. It was the most horrible thing ever! It took me at least 15 minutes to calm her down so I could dress her and put her in her car seat. I then had to rock her once I got her in. At least I have a couple more months before we have to go through that again.

You can see the bandaids on her thighs in the pics below. She looks content. Must be that infant Tylenol!



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lori said...

Tylenol is the best when it comes to shots!

Moe said...

That is a terrific weight gain! Rod tells me that most Peds like to see babies double their birthweight by 4-6 months, and it looks like Arden will do that easily! She gets more and more beautiful with each post.

Heather said...

Have you tried giving her the Tylenol about an hour before her shots? Then it has time to kick in before the pain comes. Or so I hear. It gets better! Zoe didn't even cry when she got her flu shot this year :).