CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 19, 2009

A Shot and a Stroll

Last Tuesday, we took Arden in for her 12-month well checkup. I'm so glad Adam came with me, because it was the worst appointment ever! Poor little Arden had to have a finger prick. Of course, that wasn't the worst part. The nurse then had to squeeze Arden's finger to get the blood to come out...ouch! She screamed so much. I was filling out a survey while Adam comforted Arden. He's much stronger than I. The nurse put a bandage on Arden's finger, as if that was going to stay on there long. Arden sucked it off right away. Then the doctor came in and examined her. She started crying the second the doctor glanced at her. You'd think she was being tortured! After that came 3 shots, including a flu shot. She was screaming before she even got the shots and then even more afterwards. She got three bandages, two of which she pulled off later on. I felt so bad for her. After we left the office, we picked up some lunch, went to Union Point Park, and walked around downtown. It didn't take long for her to forget all about the shots.
As previously stated, she's 14lbs 4.4oz (fallen even farther off the chart..but she's gained nearly 9 lbs in a year), and 27" long (10th percentile.) Her little noggin is right on target, so at least we know her brain is growing! The doctor wants Arden up to 16 lbs by the time she's 15 months old. If she isn't, he wants to do some bloodwork to make sure her thyroid gland is working properly. I told him I went through all this as a child. The doctors kept trying to figure out what was "wrong" with me and tried everything to get me to grow. It didn't work. I'm small...end of story! So, I'm definitely not worried. She's perfectly healthy.
Doctor's Visit: Pre-Pain


Union Point Park




Mums!

These are my favorite color of mum.

I did a little experimental editing, too.

Adam saw this wall mural and wanted to get a pic of it. Pretty cool photo-op! Again, more experimental editing.




Random flowers...more editing.

I just love the beauty of downtown. The houses are amazing! They all pretty much look like this.

Tryon Palace

Nana (my mom) called on the way back home. Arden was smiling, but it's hard to take a quick pic!

Enjoying her last bit of formula.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nessa and Jeebs said...

i hate dr appointments. nuff said