CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 26, 2009

Park-Hopping

Last Wednesday, I decided to take Arden to the park. I went to the one right down the street, Pleasant Hill Park. I meant to go earlier in the day, but Arden's nap didn't allow it. We didn't end up going until 1:30 p.m. By then, it was so hot. None of the playground equipment is in the shade. I gave her a few pushes in the swing, which she loved. Then, I slid down one of the big slides with her on my lap. The slides were so hot, and there were puddles at the ends of most of them. I decided to leave that park and go to another one: Glenburnie Park. I made a pit-stop at Sonic for a half-priced cranberry slush...pretty tasty! Arden enjoyed it, too. Then we made our way to Glenburnie Park. It's a really nice, but it also stinks. It's right beside a sewage treatment plant. After awhile, you get used to the smell. Anywho, it had the same playground equipment as the previous park, but everything's in the shade. I took Arden down a few of the big slides before I let her go down one of the little ones "by herself." She loved them so much, and she loved the little slide even more. She kept trying to climb back up it after she slid down. So cute! Aside from me stepping in another fire ant pile (AHHH!), we had lots of fun at the parks!

Swing at Pleasant Hill Park

She did not appreciate me "stuffing" her into the lion drinking fountain.

Reflection in the car window.

I let her climb around inside the car before I decided to head to another park.

Here she is at the top of the kiddie slide waiting oh so patiently to slide down. Actually, she wasn't patient at all...she wanted to go down so badly!

So happy!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: