CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mum Fest!

I decided to be a brave mom and took Arden to Mum Fest on Saturday. It's a festival held in downtown New Bern every year. We went there right after Arden's 3-hour nap. I wasn't sure if I was going to find a parking space, but I managed to drive into the Tryon Palace lot just as a car was leaving. I was so lucky! It was really hot. I'm not a fan of large crowds and hot weather. We headed over to the pumpkin patch, which was nice and shady. I got lots of cute pics of Arden there! Her little dress matched perfectly. I couldn't get her to look at the camera at all, though. She was so distracted. In the end, I got her a cute little pumpkin. After the patch, we made our way to the waterfront. It started sprinkling, and we found shelter under a gas station's canopy. The rain didn't last too long, and it cooled things off nicely. I was so thankful for that. We headed to Union Point Park and waited for the trampoline show to begin. It started raining again, so we sought shelter under a tree. The show started late due to the rain. It was a pretty cool show. Afterwards, I headed down the street to see what all the vendors were selling. There were some pretty cool things. This asian couple was painting names using different characters...like an S was a dolphin. It was only $15 for a name up to 8 letters, and I was so tempted to get one for Arden. I didn't, though. I kind of wish I had! There was this other vendor selling all kinds of bags, totes, and purses. They were really inexpensive, but I decided against that also. I do not need to be spending money right now. I'm pretty proud of myself. I spent $.75 on Arden's pumpkin, and $.50 on a small Pepsi. Go me! By this point, Arden was beyond done. We headed to the car, and she fell asleep on the way home.









Arden playing in the pumpkins!

In the end, Arden did get a pumpkin...just her size! Doesn't this pic make it look like I have twins?

This trampoline show was pretty cool! Arden liked it, too.

No comments: