CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Happy 29th Birthday, Babe!

Adam turned 29 today! Now we're both just a year away from 30. Yikes! That's so hard to believe.



The day before his birthday, we took Adam to Outback for his birthday dinner.

Arden was happy in her highchair...until our food arrived...


...so I gave her a bottle of pain pills to play with. :o)

After dinner, we went to the Swing Zone Family Fun Park. We played mini-golf (usually $6 per person, but we got in for $4 a person because it was all wet from the rain...score!)...

...and Adam took a turn at the batting cages. I just took this pic to freak everyone out. He didn't really have Arden strapped to him while he batted. :o) We had ice cream before we left, and Arden fell asleep.

On Adam's official birthday, I made him pizza pockets and salad for dinner. The pizza pockets would've been much better if we ate them right after they came out of the oven. Unfortunately, a Kirby salesman weasled his way into our home just minutes before we were going to eat. I'm not sure why I let him in. He stayed for nearly 2 hours. Ugh! We didn't buy a vacuum, of course, but at least Arden's floor is nice and clean now. Oh, and we got a huge pack of free paper towels....woopty doo!

After dinner, Adam opened his presents.


I got him Guitar Hero World Tour, Pictionary Man, and a new slip cover for his body pillow.

Here are some shots of the cake. He requested a lemon cake with lemon frosting and green decor. He also mentioned something about a Moab cake, but there's no way that was happening! If you look closely, I put marshmallows on the edge of the first layer to help support the second layer. I also didn't make the same mistake I did last year...not sheering off the top of the first layer. It was catastrophic!

Adam loved his cake and ice cream. Looks Arden enjoyed it, too! She got a little taste of ice cream.

I hope you had a great birthday, babe. I love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how did he get to be as old as me....you know I a still 29 too!