CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back-to-School Bash

This past Saturday was the Primary's Back-to-School Bash. I got there just before 10 a.m. and was melting not 10 minutes later. It was so HOT! I followed my class around from activity to activity: water balloon toss, photo booth, slip and slide, and giant bubble making. Actually, I ran through the grass screaming at the end of the water balloon toss, because I stepped in a fire-ant pile. So not cool! I even saw the pile and made a mental note to not step in it, but I got distracted while taking pics. Before I knew it, my whole foot and bottom of my pant leg was covered in ants. Thank goodness for the waterhose at the slip and slide!

Anywho, throughout the year, if the kids brought their scriptures to church, a rock was placed in a glass jar. Once the jar was filled, the kids would be rewarded. The reward came at the activity: ribbon bookmarks. I had a ribbon bookmark in YWs, so I thought it was a pretty cool idea. The kids had to make them themselves. I think the girls liked them a little more than the boys...ha! At the end of the activity, we all got popsicles...perfect!




This was how the water balloon toss was supposed to go, but it didn't work out.


My ant-bitten foot. This was taken the next day. The bites itched so bad for two days. I even woke up in the middle of the night Saturday because I needed to scratch them. AH! My foot actually looks much worse now, but the bites don't hurt or itch anymore...thank goodness.

No comments: