CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's My Class, and I'll Cry if I Want to!

I had an interesting time at church on Sunday. I've had problems with my primary class from the beginning. It seems when I think things are starting to settle down, the following week everything goes crazy again. I just can't win! I've been having issues with a particular child who doesn't like to sit in her chair. She just plain won't listen to me. Yesterday, before class even started, I was trying to get everyone to sit down. She wouldn't. She then hit another child in the class. I was a bit shocked by this, so I told her to put her chair in the hall and sit there for a few minutes. I was kind of hoping someone from the primary presidency would see her and come see what was up. I just can't leave my class to get someone. Not two minutes later, her grandfather opens the door and makes her go back in the class. I told him I put her out there, and he said she won't learn anything if she's sitting in the hallway. I'm thinking...she's not going to learn anything in the class when she's hopping all around and not listening to me. He wasn't talking in a nice tone, and I could feel myself starting to lose it emotionally. I told him I put her out there because she hit another child. He found out which child it was and made her apologize to the child. When he left, I turned to the chalk board in an effort to compose myself. All I could think was, "I cannot cry in front of these kids!" Then one of the children (the one who was hit) said something about Arden wanting to get out of her stroller, and I was put at ease. The "problem" child was good the rest of the class. Now I know he wasn't "yelling" at me. He was talking sternly to his granddaughter and wasn't happy she wasn't behaving. But I still felt like he was angry with me. On the way home from church, I kept thinking about the incident. I was so mad! It's like the one time I attempt to discipline this particular child, I get slapped in the face for it! What the heck am I supposed to do?! At least I was able to cry about it then. Ugh!

On a lighter note, Arden is 43 weeks old. Here are some cute pics of her from Sunday!
I got this cute sweater dress from Old Navy at Christmastime. It's size 6 months. I didn't think she wouldn't wear it until she was nearly 10 months old. I realize it is quite hot outside, but it's quite cool in the chapel at church. So it works well inside...just not outside. I think it's pretty precious.


Our neighbor, Monique, was having a yard sale, so Arden and I checked it out. Her family's moving to New Hampshire, so she wanted to get rid of some stuff...including baby toys her son Connor has outgrown. As soon as we got there, I put Arden in the walker. I sat in the grass talking to Monique for a good hour, and Arden didn't complain one bit. She loved being in that walker! She also loved the attention little Connor was giving her. He even gave her a baby pop...how sweet! I ended up getting the walker, a pool float, and a beach bassinet. Arden is too "grown up" for the bassinet. When I saw it, I thought of Vanessa Nicolaysen from church. She has a baby boy and has taken him to the beach several times. It's never been used. If Vanessa can't use it, I'll just keep it for future use.

She is loving this walker!

No comments: