CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

10-Month-Old Cutie

I'm finding it hard to believe Arden is 10 months old today. That means in two short months she'll be a year old. Where has the time gone?! I really need to seriously start losing the baby weight. I wonder if I can lose 20 pounds in two months...ha!

Arden is still a little thing. She's in 6-month-sized clothing, and even some of that is still too big for her. It's ok, though...she's petite like her mommy!

I'm mesmerized by how much Arden learns each and every day. She's crawling all over the place, although her tummy still remains on the floor, and she pulls up to standing on anything that's the right height. Before I know it, she'll be walking! Since she's become so mobile, she hates it when I change her diaper. She always attempts to crawl off the changing table and screams when I have to hold her down. It's like wrestle mania!

Arden hasn't quite mastered feeding herself finger foods yet, but she gets lucky occasionally. She loves Gerber oatmeal! Her new favorite snack is mini Cheez-It crackers. She's still toothless, so she chews them up with her jaw and gums. She also loves bread and whatever else I stick in her mouth. She gets really excited when she sees me drinking from a cup...she always wants a sip!

Arden's new favorite thing to do is breathe loudly in and out of her nose. She wrinkles her nose when she does it. If I want her to do it, I just do it first, and she'll start to do it. It's so cute!

Arden is a great sleeper at night. She almost always sleeps at least 10 hours straight, and every now and then I get lucky with a 12-hour night. One night, she was so tired and went to bed at 7:35 p.m. and didn't get up until 7:45 a.m.! She hasn't gone to bed that early again, though. Naps are still a little iffy. Sometimes I'll lay down with her on the couch or the Aerobed and nurse her until she falls asleep. I love taking naps with my baby girl! Other times, she'll put herself to sleep in her crib...but that doesn't happen often enough. She did take a 2.5 hour nap in her crib this morning, though. It was great!

Here are a few of the many pics I took today. Enjoy!



Lately it's been hard to get her to smile for the camera, so this is a treat!

Just waving those arms!






Awww...another smile!

Too many cute pics to choose from!


She sees a bug and tries to catch it.






She's sucking on an apple core and does the "nose thing" I mentioned early. Cute!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She's not just waving her arms she conducting the music and singing! We had so much fun at the Cape thanks for joining us and I should be sending you some pic's soon!

Erik said...

I'm super jeaolous of those long nights of sleep. Charlotte is still waking up every three to four hours. Congrats on 10 months!

Wendy said...

These pictures of Arden are so adorable!! I love how you did the photo collage thing. She looks like she should be in a baby clothes catalog.