CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Trip to Boone

A week after we moved into our new home, Adam's parents treated us to a trip to Boone to get a Christmas tree. I've always wanted to go to a tree farm, pick my tree, and cut it down. I was super excited! My mom and Meredith stayed with the kids during our trip. They were exhausted by the time we got home. :)

Let me tell you, I would not want to live in Boone. The place is so hilly, and it was filled with dirty snow...not to mention college kids. Yuck!

We did have a great time, though. Friday evening we had dinner at a Thai restaurant. I was afraid of the items on the menu, so I played it safe and ordered sweet and sour chicken. It was yummy! Saturday we took a drive to the Mast General Store. It was filled with all kinds of old timey stuff. We bought a bag of candy...haha. Then we went to the tree farm. The drive up the mountain was kind of scary. It was steep and snowy. We got stuck once, had to back up a little, and then made it up. It was lovely up there. Picking a tree was a little daunting, though. There were so many to choose from! Adam said he didn't enjoy the process of picking the tree, but I had fun. We came home with a beauty!

Boone had its picturesque moments.

The Mast General Store

Icicles!

Tree, trees everywhere! Which one will we choose?

This is the one!

Mary Bernice sprained her ankle a little bit, so she hitched a ride back to the car.

It's beautiful when you can't see the nasty town!

No explanation needed...haha!

Putting ornaments on the tree! It was a real beauty and much bigger than we realized. Gorgeous!

No comments: