CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 24, 2010

Eight-Month Cuties

To celebrate Grayson and Rogan's eight month birthday, we headed over to Women's Hospital for a developmental clinic. All premature babies go to this clinic. Doctors play with them to see how they're doing developmentally, a nutritionist talks to me, and they have a hearing test.

Developmentally, they're right on schedule with their corrected age, which is 5.5 months instead of 8 months. They're doing all the things an average 5 month old baby should do. Really, the only thing giving their prematurity away is their preemie muscle tone. When they stand up, they want to be on their tip-toes. This is because they didn't get the chance to be constricted in the womb. Their legs are really strong, but their backs aren't. I learned I need to let them play on their backs, tummies, and in sitting positions. No more standing for now! They love to stand, so this will not be an easy task.

Nutritionally, they're doing fine, too. Grayson weighs 15 pounds, and Rogan weighs 14 pounds 13 ounces. Compared to other 5 month olds, their around the 20 to 30th percentile for weight. All I can say is, they're huge compared to Arden at this age. I think she was nearly a year old before she was their weight!

They also had to have a hearing test, because some medications used in the NICU could cause hearing loss. Grayson passed both ears, but Rogan's right ear failed the test. I'm taking them both to Moses Cone in January for another hearing test. Hopefully, Rogan will pass! He turns his head to the right when I make noises on his right side, so I'm really not worried.

The good news is, they did so well at the clinic that they don't have to go back for another year! Generally, they would go back every 6 months until they turn 2. I'm pretty proud of them!

Anywho, I snapped some pics of the boys in their Christmas jammies. Of course, I had to get some of Arden, too. I have cute kids!


Grayson


Rogan


Arden

Arden is such a good big sis...most of the time!




This girl cracks me up!

No comments: