CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Park: It's an Addiction

I know it's been forever since I've blogged anything. Once I found out I'm having twins, pretty much everything else fell by the wayside. I'll have to play catch-up...one post at a time.

In January, Arden discovered the joy of the park. Our apartment is right next to the playground. I was thinking this would be nice and convenient, but those dang kids can be noisy! Anywho, Arden loves climbing up the stairs, crawling across the bridge, and sliding down the slide (with assistance, of course.) She also loves the old-school duck and horse rockers. I've come to realize I don't like our apartment's playground, though. It's dirty, and there's no baby swing. Every time we come home, we pass that playground and she always wants to go play...even if it's cold and rainy. I haven't taken her there since she started walking because of the terrible weather we've been having. I hope it warms up soon. Of course when it does, I'll probably take her to a different park: Triad Park.

Triad Park is a fabulous park. It's about 7 minutes from where we live. The ground surrounding the playground is made of this soft material...it's not dirty, and your kid likely won't get hurt if he/she falls. There is a separate playground for toddlers, and it has two baby swings. No crazy big kids running around! I took Arden there once, and she loved it. She had just started walking, but was still doing the knee-walk thing most of the time. I think she'll love it even more now that she's walking. If the weather would just warm up, I'd take her again!


Below are pics and a video from our dirty playground. Not fun for me, but Arden loves it!


Below are pics and a video from Triad Park...so much fun!


No comments: