CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Heavenly Father's Timeline is Perfect

We've lived in New Bern for a little over a year now. We moved here because Adam got a job promotion, and it allowed me to stay home with Arden...huge blessing! She was 4 weeks old when we made the move. We moved on her due date. Heavenly Father knew I had to have her early, because we were going to be moving. Perfect timing.

New Bern is a quiet place where almost everyone drives 10 miles below the speed limited. The downtown area is beautiful...I can't say the same about the rest of it. If you want to go shopping, you'll need to take a 45-minute drive to a town nearby. What's also 45 minutes away? The beach! I've never been to the beach so much in my life. Arden's been to the beach 4 times before she was one! We've been able to see 6 of the 7 NC lighthouses. Old Baldy, we'll get to you someday.

Life in New Bern has been nice. I've met lots of friends from church. I also have a couple of aunts and uncles who live here, and my sister Catie lives only 45 minutes away. Funny how I've only seen them a handful of times since we've moved here. Life is busy.

Pretty much ever since we got here, Adam's been itching to get closer to home. A posting for a grocery manager would pop up in Raleigh, Fuquay Varina, Charlotte, Winston-Salem. He'd always post for them, but he'd never get offered the position. He didn't have any connections there. As time went on, it seemed less and less likely we'd ever get out of this place. Adam was thinking he'd have to settle for an assistant manager's position just to be near our family. Our lease expires Nov. 30, and we opted to rent month-to-month...just in case. Then, last week, a position opened up in High Point. He posted for it, and they called him for an interview. Adam made a few phone calls and sent a few emails...he has connections in that market! He was one of only four applicants, which is remarkable, and the guy said Adam was at the top of the list. Really?! It seemed too good to be true! The guy said he would let Adam know by Friday. Friday came, Adam got a call, and he was offered the position. Hurray!!! He starts one week from this coming Friday.

I will miss my friends in New Bern. I didn't even get a chance to say good-bye to most of them. As of Thanksgiving Day, I'll be living in Greensboro. Adam will come back to New Bern on the Friday after Thanksgiving to get the moving truck packed up. After unloading it in Greensboro on Saturday, he'll come back to New Bern for his last week of work. I'll be car-less in Greensboro, but my mom will help me out. She's soooo excited! She already found an apartment for us. We've signed the paperwork, and it's ours.

So, you see, Heavenly Father knows what's waiting for us. If we're just patient, all will work out for the best. We're so incredibly blessed!!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

congrats. It's always nice to be closer to "home" and family.

Wendy said...

I'm so sad you guys moved! We never even got to do dinner! I'm really glad you're closer to home though. We're all going to miss you here. I hope everything works out well for you all. We can keep in touch via blog.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

You are blessed because you know you are blessed. And as long as you continue to show gratitude, you will continue to be blessed.