CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Five Years in the Making

Sorry to keep everyone waiting...I know you're all dying in anticipation! Adam and I left to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary almost immediatley after the ultrasound, so I didn't have time to post anything.

I must say it brought tears to my eyes the first time I saw my little baby yesterday. The last time I saw the baby via ultrasound was at 6 weeks, and there really isn't much to see at that time. The ultrasound went great. I was afraid the jelly was going to be cold on my belly, but it was warm. The baby was moving its arms and legs...playing with its hands...covering its face...it even got the hiccups! It was amazing! I loved every second of it. Well, except for the part where the technician was digging into my belly to get the baby to turn over. She needed to get some shots of the heart...she got two out of three. The little booger wouldn't budge! Must've been naptime. So I have to go back in two weeks to try for the other picture. I don't mind it one bit as long as I get to see my little one again!

So enough chit-chatting, right? You all want to know if it's a boy or a girl, right?! Well, I noticed in the poll most of you said "girl." I suppose it's time to see if you're right.


Drumroll, please! Drrrrrrrrdrdrdrrrrrrrrdrdrdrrrrrr (or something like that).


It's.......a........



not quite....


almost there.....


Glitter Text Graphics - http://www.sparklee.com


Yep, that's right! Adam and I are having a baby girl! The majority of you guessed correctly. The little booger wasn't modest at all, showing us two little legs and nothing in between them! She was very photogenic, too. The technician said it was the best ultrasound she'd done all day! She looks perfect to me! This little girl is breaking the Lewis grandson streak, and she's giving my parents their first grandchild. We are thrilled!!!

4 comments:

Moe said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news! Your ultrasound photos are great, too, very clear. They will be wonderful keepsakes to show your little girl someday! Donovan gave us the same trouble at our 20 week U/S - we had to get another one done a few weeks later because they hadn't been able to get good images of the heart. Everything turned out just fine, of course! We're so happy for you both...now you can start shopping for all things pink, and man oh man, the little girl clothes are just killer! You will have so much fun!

Gina said...

Yes, I had read this and for some reason, it wouldn't let me leave a comment that day. BUT...I am so excited for you!! Girls are so fun...and mine is so talkative...but so wonderful! And girl clothes are definitely the best...and girly hairbows too! Anyway, congratulations!

By the way, I will be at my mom's next week if you'd like to see THE diapers.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Congrats! I already saw the photos on the family website. We haven't announced it on the family site yet, but we are expecting a boy...via adoption on October 27th.

Allison said...

Marque and Sarah, that's awesome!!! Congratulations!!!