CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pilot Mountain

If you read the post below this one, you'll find we unsuccessfully tried to go camping at Stone Mountain on Friday, Oct. 12.

We finally were able to go camping Sunday night (Oct. 14) at Pilot Mountain. I had a really great time! I definitely want to go again. Usually I hate the smell of a campfire, but I didn't mind it so much this time. I didn't even wear any makeup! Shocker, huh?! The weather was nice, and it didn't get too cold at night. We made some foil dinners of chicken thighs, marinade, and bacon bits. It was pretty good! We toasted marshmallows on the fire and had hot apple cider and hot chocolate. It would've been nice to have more family with us, but at the same time I'm glad it was just the two of us.
There was only one drawback from that evening: I got three bug bites on my forehead!
Monday morning we hiked to the knob. I've been to Pilot Mountain a few times as a kid, but I don't recall ever hiking to the knob before. It was really cool! There are some crazy rock formations, and we got lots of great pics. I can't keep that boy off of those rocks!
All in all, we had a great weekend. I definitely want to do it again sometime!

The Knob





Fuzzy Adam way up high

Waiting on our chicken to cook.


I love how the sunlight sifts through the trees.








I'll post more pics soon. Blogger is not cooperating and giving me a headache!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: