CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 17, 2007

National MS Society's Tour to Tanglewood

This past weekend was the bike tour. The tour started at 8 a.m. on Saturday morning at Volvo Truck and went to Tanglwood Park. Adam and I awoke at 6 a.m. on Saturday while the others slept. We got to Volvo a little after 7 a.m., giving Adam plenty of time to register and get his things together. Jason and Jonathan were running late, so Adam had to wait. They all ended up leaving about 5 minutes after the last bikers. I don't think they had any trouble catching up, though.
I got to Tanglewood around 3 p.m. Sabrina and her mom were already there. Mary Bernice, Amy and her boys came later. They had face-painting, a dunking booth, a bounce house for the kids, massages, etc. After dinner, Adam and Jonathan did a little karoake, singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" at Sabrina's request. It was hilarious! I got a little video of it below. After they broke the ice, others followed suit. Colby and Gavin loved dancing to the music. Colby had a bowling birthday party earlier that day, and this topped the cake for him. I think we all had a pretty good time.
I decided to be brave and camped out with Adam. We used his new tent I got him for Christmas. We brought the memory foam mattress topper from our bed, so we were pretty comfy. We went to bed around 9 p.m. and woke up at 6 a.m. the next morning. It was cold! And can I just say I hate port-a-jons! I was very thankful to get back to my own bathroom.
The guys left Tanglewood around 7:40 a.m. and headed back to Volvo Truck. I tried to get back to Greensboro in time for church, but it didn't happen. I just took a shower, got ready for the day, and chilled a little while before I had to be back at Volvo. The guys arrived around Noon, and I got it on "tape." It was really cool seeing them arrive together. Check out the video below!
All-in-all, the tour was great this year. You couldn't have asked for better weather or family to spend time with. I hope it's just as great next year!




Top Left: Adam after Registering; Top Right: Adam getting ready to leave on Saturday
Bottom Left: Adam and Jonathan singing karaoke; Bottom Right: Colby getting his groove on

Top Left: Sabrina, Oliver, and Jonathan; Top Right: Adam and Gavin

Bottom Left: Adam, Jason, Gavin, and Rocky; Bottom Right: Sabrina and Martha (her mom)

Adam and Me

Left Top: Jason; Right Top: Roy (Sabrina's bro-in-law) and Sabrina

Left Bottom: Adam; Right Bottom: Oliver, Jonathan, and Adam

Posted by Picasa

Adam and Jonathan sang "Total Eclipse of the Heart" as Gavin danced ...turning around whenever they sang "Turn around..." It was pretty cute!

Yea, they made it! All 90-something miles! It was nice to see them finish together.

No comments: