CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Independence Day

I hope everyone had a lovely Independence Day. We're all so lucky to live in this country. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else!
On June 30, our Stake had it's first annual Independence Celebration. Of course the whole stake didn't come (that would've been insane). They started off with a parade full of kids. Some decorated bikes, and some decorated themselves. We then ate some hot dogs, looked at veteran displays, and enjoyed a "concert" of sorts. Afterwards, Adam went off with the missionaries, and I went with my mom and Meredith to see Shrek the Third. It was a really cute movie, but really for kids.
July 4 we didn't do much of anything. Adam and I took Jonathan to Steak 'n Shake and then watched Transformers. Great movie! You all have to see it. Afterwards, we watched the Greensboro fireworks. Jonathan bought a firework in South Carolina, so we went to my dad's house later on to set it off. The dogs didn't like it too much, but I thought it was pretty cool. All in all, it was an ok day.


No comments: