CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Baby Boys Update

I'm 28 weeks in this pic.

Time for an update! The boys are doing great! Every time I have an ultrasound, they always measure at least a week ahead. They are constantly moving around. Sometimes it feels like my pelvic bone is going to explode...not too comfy! I'm 29 weeks along and already bigger than I was right before Arden made her entrance into the world. I feel beyond pregnant. My feet and ankles just started to swell a couple of days ago. As I'm typing this, they're huge! Not sure why thought I was going to get lucky with this pregnancy. Ah well...now I just need to put my feet up and chillax.
I failed my 1-hour glucose test a couple weeks ago and found out my iron was slightly low, which means I'm slightly anemic (I'm now taking an iron supplement every other day.) I had to go in for the 3-hour glucose test the following week. It was not fun! The nurse draws blood before I drink the sugary stuff, then she draws it 3 more times...once every hour. I had to pass 3 out of 4 tests...and that's exactly what I did. I ended up failing the very last one! Since I failed one, the doctor told me I had an intolerance to glucose and to avoid foods with high concentrations of sugar...like dessert! I will try...but I'm not sure how often I'll succeed. Oh, and I felt like crap for at least the first 1.5 hours of the test. I kind of felt like a zombie ready to puke. It's a wonder I didn't faint. Since it was April Fool's Day, I decided to play a little prank on my facebook friends. I said I felt so terrible during my glucose test that the doctor decided I needed an ultrasound. During the ultrasound, the tech realized I was having twin girls instead of twins boys. There were quite a few people who fell for it...hilarious!
Oh, and since I'm having twin boys, two of my friends are throwing me a baby shower. It'll be May 1st. Hopefully I'll still be able to move around by then! Goodness...these boys will be here before I know it!

Baby Boy A at 24 weeks 5 days weighing in at 1 lb 13 oz!

Baby Boy B at 24 weeks 5 days weighing in at 1 lb 9 oz!

Baby Boy A at 28 weeks 5 days weighing in at 3 lbs 1 oz!

Baby Boy B at 28 weeks 5 days weighing in at 3 lbs 1 oz! He caught up to his brother.

2 comments:

Brittany H. said...

That is all really exciting. Wish I could go to your shower(s)!

Moe said...

Wow. Those boys are so cute already! Usually I am not such a fan of 3-D ultrasounds, but yours came out great! And you look terrific as well--I love that Springy top you're wearing.