CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Our Fifth Anniversary

I realize it's a little late, but here's what we did to celebrate our five years of wedded bliss.

Adam didn't tell me where we were going. We hopped in the car after our first ultrasound and ended up in Raleigh. I had no idea why he chose Raleigh until we were at the front door of The Cheesecake Factory. Yes! I've always wanted to go there, and he knew it. It's located inside a mall, so we got to walk around before our table was ready. Once we were finally seated, I got the pleasure of reading the menu. It's like a book! There's something for everyone. I chose chicken and shrimp, and Adam chose steak and chicken. We both had smoothies for drinks. It was all very yummy! Of course we couldn't leave without some cheesecake. We were way too full to eat it there, so we got a slice to go. Guess which cheesecake we chose: Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple. How could it be bad if it's "Adam's?"

After dinner, we checked into our hotel: The Embassy Suites. It was pretty cool looking inside. It was like an indoor park, complete with waterfalls, bridges, and trees. It also had a piano, which Adam pretended to play. We stayed on the 8th floor, and it was fun riding up and down the glass elevator looking at all the little people below. We had a two-room suite complete with 3 sinks. Who knows why it had that many. The room package Adam got came with two panda bears...although we only received one. He should've totally said something about that. Anywho, the bear came with a $5 off coupon for build-a-bear workshop. We still haven't gone to get him a shirt, poor little naked panda.


After relaxing a bit in our room and checking out the hotel, we went to see "The Incredible Hulk." While on our honeymoon, we saw "The Hulk" at a drive-in theater, so it only made sense to go see the newest one. The first one was so long and boring, I wasn't really looking forward to the second one. However, I was pleasantly surprised! It was nothing like the first one. It wasn't boring, and I understood what was going on. Go watch it if you haven't!











The next morning we ate breakfast and checked out the hotel's bird: Raleigh. He's supposedly a talking bird, but we didn't hear much out of him. I did manage to catch him talking on video, which was a miracle. He wasn't very friendly and tried to attack me on several occasions. I wasn't even doing anything to him...just sitting quietly in a chair next to his cage. I think he just wanted my attention.



After checking out of the hotel, we went to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Science. I think Adam's been there before, but I've never been. I'm glad I decided to wear sneakers instead of flip flops. The place was huge...four stories of "stuff." The most amazing things we saw were the huge whale skeletons. The blue whale was by far the biggest.

Adam being dwarfed by a blue whale skeleton and then by a big ol' dinosaur.

After this pic was taken, our camera died. It held out on us just long enough.

By the end of "tour," we were pooped. I was glad when we made it back to the car and then back home. We had a really good time, though. We're looking forward to the next five years!

No comments: